Second the best...

June 21, 2012


Did I mention that I've finished my exams?!
Well I have, and I hoped to thank my ever patient, generous, and pretty outstanding parents and boyfriend- with a meal, (because obviously that accurately equates to the same love and time they've afforded me!)
________________________________________

Starter: Melon, Jambon cru and Grape appetiser

One of my very favourite summery combinations and what's more it is effortless and simultaneously guiltless!

Main: 'Salade Grenobloise' with Naan bread sticks
(Walnuts, Boiled egg, Lardons, Cheese, and dressing)



Dessert: Strawberry and Nectarine Pavlova with Mascarpone

8 egg whites
a pinch of salt
500g of caster sugar
4 teaspoons of cornflour
2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar

Preheat oven: 180°C. Cook at: 150°C for 1¼- 1½ hours
with a little assistance from Nigella

...et voilà!


A wonderful and light summery meal that I hope was aptly indulgent and special for my favourite people. The best thing about it? Lunch the day after: gently heated leftover Naan with lashings of butter *that I'm eating whilst I write this* - well perhaps not lashings, but certainly a quantity, one must, however, squeeze into a bikini next week!

'Second the best'.. Perhaps, and hopefully, not my best blog post ever, but hopefully my best to date, (given my lack of contending posts!)


No comments:

Post a Comment