Parsley Pesto

September 11, 2012

Today I made Parsley pesto according to Nigella's recipe.
A wonderful blend of parsley (surprisingly), walnuts, parmesan, and oil. We chose to eat the pesto alongside salad and couscous, but I can't wait to gobble the rest up with some gnocchi.





We can at least pretend it's still summer, right?
Actually, in all honesty, I can't wait for the winter months- I truly love them; knitted jumpers, boots, hats and scarves, hearty soups, and lots of tea!

My parents are struggling to believe that my diet as it stands: greek yoghurt and granola, fruit, smoked salmon, and tea will be very suitable come October when I go to University. Hmm, I'm hoping it doesn't have to adapt too much! I think future food-related posts might be either 'on a budget' meals, or easy 'I have little kitchenware and a small workspace to share with hungry students' food.

Is anyone watching 'The Great British Bake Off'? I barely watch any TV, but I love it and even felt that last week it was worth catching up over breakfast on BBC iplayer. Pies tonight! yum


6 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds amazing! I made traditional basil pesto recently in a little food processor just like yours, and I noticed it was so much less flavoursome than when I made it in a pestle and mortar. I guess it's because the leaves were just chopped into tiny pieces instead of being bruised and made to release their flavour? Just wondering if you'd noticed the same thing- maybe my processor is just rubbish!

    Also I LOVE GBBO too! Can't wait to watch it later, eeee!

    www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I am also a tea drinking, book lover so of course I had to check out your blog!

    kelliessmalltownliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, fellow tea-drinking Book Lover! Thank you very much :)
      I might well have had a nice peruse of your blog too :) X

      Delete
  3. This looks and sounds divine! x

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed your comment on my Blog :( I am a terrible blog friend; forgive me? I would make you virtual Gingerbread Pancakes but as I have resigned myself to Autumn and you are clinging onto Summer we may have to meet in the middle!

    Love your blog, as always! Miss Finn x
    www.withoutinstructions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. I need to try this! :) Have recently turned into quite a pesto fanatic.

    Melissa
    x

    ReplyDelete